Directional Drill Operator
CVE's Signal and Utility team is hiring experienced directional drill operators to join our crews and work on projects throughout the Wasatch Front. Work consists of the following:
- Identifying existing utilities
- Applying work zone safety and traffic control to perform labor safety.
- Set up and take down of equipment.
- Drilling variable sized bore holes and pulling back required conduit/pipe.
- Operating a variety of related directional drill equipment; Direction Drill (Vermeer and/or Ditch Witch), vac trailers, mud truck, locator, etc.
- Pot-holing to locate underground utilities.
- Back filling and patching potholes.
- Performing general maintenance and mobilization of directional drill.
- Properly mixing and formulating drilling mud for site conditions.
- 1 or more years of experience operating directional drilling machine.
- Have a working knowledge of a directional drilling machine.
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Able to pass a DOT drug screen.
- Ability to learn highway maintenance/construction practices and procedures.
- Flexibility to be assigned work at various sites and locations.
- Must be able to work 40 plus hours per week.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 pounds of material regularly.
- Able to frequently walk, bend, kneel, and reach.
Benefits Paid by Employer:
- Health Insurance
- Paid time off
Compensation is competitive and based on experience. Qualified candidates can apply below or email application to email@example.com. Applicants may also apply in person at 1338 S. Gustin Rd. in Salt Lake City. CVE is an equal opportunity employer.