Directional Drill Helper
CVE's Signal and Utility team is hiring directional drill helpers to join our crews and work on projects throughout the Wasatch Front. Work consists of the following:
- Following safety practices, requirements, and policies to prevent accidents and/or injuries.
- Set up and take down of equipment.
- Helping operator drill variable sized bore holes and pulling back required conduit/pipe
- Assist drill operator to pinpoint bore shot with locator.
- Pot-holing to locate underground utilities.
- Back filling and patching potholes.
- Performing general maintenance and mobilization of directional drill.
- Assist driller in properly mixing and formulating drilling mud for site conditions.
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Able to pass a DOT drug screen.
- Ability to learn highway maintenance/construction practices and procedures.Flexibility to be assigned work at various sites and locations.
- Must be able to work 40 plus hours per week.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 pounds of material regularly.
- Able to frequently walk, bend, kneel, and reach.
Prior experience is a plus but not required. This is a great opportunity to be learn and be exposed to the directional drilling discipline and work towards becoming a drill operator.
Benefits Paid by Employer:
- Health Insurance
- Paid time off
Compensation is competitive and based on experience. Qualified candidates can apply below or email application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants may also apply in person at 1338 S. Gustin Rd. in Salt Lake City. CVE is an equal opportunity employer.