Cache Valley Electric is one of the nation's premier specialty contractors with a century-long tradition of excellence and endless capabilities—from electrical construction and teledata to networking, security, and wireless communications. We're on the forefront of technology, but also a family-owned company that recognizes the value of each individual employee.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Project Engineer. The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting the project manager and project team with project documentation and control, job cost accounting, scheduling, and construction supervision efforts.
- Maintain project documentation and logs (i.e. change orders, RFIs, submittals)
- Receive and review bid documents and drawings
- Submit purchase requests for material and equipment
- Understand project scope to organize estimate
- Provide a quantitative estimate of electrical commodities; research pricing
- Interact with necessary subcontractors and provide information to vendors
- Coordinate with field personnel and supervision
- Provide necessary field documentation and instructions (including quality standards/procedures)
- Prepare and deliver close-out documents
- Inspect jobsite when necessary
- Coordinate with VDC/BIM/Prefab teams when necessary
- Understanding of the basic laws of electricity/electrical systems
- Proficiency with various software applications
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of electrical plans, blueprints, and drawings
- Familiarity with electrical equipment, materials, and specifications
- Experience with contract documents (drawings, subcontracts, addendums, specifications, change orders)
- Ability to perform basic mathematics and use electrical formulas
- Knowledge of tools and equipment
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to visualize and sketch an electrical layout
- Successful drug and alcohol tests
- Certain jobsites/customers may require a successful background check
Compensation is DOE and includes the industry’s most competitive benefits package. Our employees receive premium medical and dental benefits, health savings accounts with substantial company contributions, paid time off, paid holidays, company-paid life and disability insurance, and profit sharing.
To apply, complete application below, or submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cache Valley Electric is an equal opportunity employer.