CVE is one of the nation’s premier specialty contractors with a century-long tradition of excellence and endless capabilities–from electrical and teledata to networking, security, and wireless communications. We’re on the forefront of technology, but also a family-owned company that recognizes the value of each individual employee.
We have an opening for an experienced VDC-BIM Manager in our Salt Lake City office. This position is responsible for the management and production of electrical BIM models, field/shop drawings, and the VDC coordination process.
Primary duties include:
- Manage a large team of detailers, modelers, and coordinators by coaching, mentoring, and supervising
- Ensure compliance with corporate BIM program and processes
- Coordinate with professional staff on reviewing models and comments.
- Develop electrical building models from basic sketches, 2D drawings and verbal instructions, utilizing Revit MEP/AutoCAD MEP tools.
- Attend and actively participate in coordination meetings with other MEP trades.
- Resolve conflicts with other disciplines and trades using NavisWorks while adhering and improving primary electrical system design.
- Oversee the production of drawings/models consistent with instruction, guidelines and CAD/BIM standards.
- Receive and modify incoming CAD/BIM files for use in design/detailing process (clean-up, audit, reference and troubleshoot).
- Oversee the preparation of 3D electrical system layouts for the underground coordination and above the ceiling coordination.
- Oversee the extraction of MEP coordination drawings, electrical shop drawings, fabrication drawings, and meta data for field and pre-fabrication use.
- Use the Revit family editor/AutoCAD content manager to build BIM content for electrical system components as needed.
Qualified candidates will have a complete understanding of the electrical construction business. We’re looking for someone who communicates well with the internal team, clients, and vendors alike. The ability to thrive under pressure and tight deadlines is a must, as well as a knack for motivating the team. Good time management and the ability to prioritize and adapt is important. Proficiency in the latest versions of REVIT Architecture/MEP and familiarity with other Autodesk software is required.
Compensation includes a competitive salary (starting at $85-95k DOE) and the industry’s most competitive benefits package. Our employees receive premium medical and dental benefits, health savings accounts with substantial company contributions, paid time off, paid holidays, company-paid life and disability insurance, and profit sharing.
To apply, submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. CVE is an equal opportunity employer.