CVE is one of the nation’s premier specialty contractors with a century-long tradition of excellence and endless capabilities–from electrical and teledata to networking, security, and wireless communications. We’re on the forefront of technology, but also a family-owned company that recognizes the value of each individual employee.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Construction Surveyor/CAD Draftsman based at our Salt Lake City office. This individual will develop and utilize surveying equipment and drafting technology to enhance CVE’s construction capabilities and productivity.
Primary duties include:
- Understand and operate Trimble Total Station equipment.
- Use Trimble Total Station survey equipment to establish points of reference on construction projects. Reference points include: underground duct banks, under-slab conduits, electrical switchgear locations/positions, site electrical components (i.e. light poles, transformers, emergency generators, utility conduits, etc.), interior light fixtures, cable tray systems, conduit racks, electrical rooms/closets, and others.
- Establish reference points using CAD drawings (AutoCAD and Revit) and Trimble interface equipment/software.
- Gather specific reference points and transfer/establish reference points on construction projects under the direction of project managers/superintendents.
- Utilize MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Power Point).
- Produce CAD drawings consistent with CVE standards, including AutoCAD and some Revit drafting systems.
- Some travel will be required.
Successful candidates will have the following skills and characteristics:
- Ability to work well with others
- Self-starter with good leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Proficiency with Trimble Total Station equipment
- Ability to work well with a variety of coworkers
- Current drivers license and satisfactory motor vehicle report
- Successful background check and drug test
Compensation includes a competitive salary ($30-35 DOE) and industry’s most competitive benefits package. Our employees receive premium medical and dental benefits, health savings accounts with substantial company contributions, paid time off, paid holidays, company-paid life and disability insurance, and profit sharing.
To apply, submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person at 1338 So Gustin Rd in Salt Lake City. CVE is an equal opportunity employer.