Traffic Signals Technician
Few jobs offer the same instant gratification that comes with being a Traffic Signals Technician. Your job is to make driving safer for everyone who uses the signals that you install. CVE's Signal and Utility team is looking for Traffic Signals Technicians to work on signals around the Wasatch Front. Under the leadership of a Crew Lead or Supervisor, traffic signal technicians install and upgrade traffic signals and components. Technicians will install pole foundations, set junction boxes, pull wire and set steel. Traffic signal technicians may perform journey level work to complete the project. We are looking for a person with a positive can do attitude to join our growing team. Safety is Cache Valley Electric’s highest value and we will provide you with the training you will need to succeed in this role. Traffic Signals Technicians enjoy steady work with overtime pay as required. Employees are paid weekly and enjoy a comprehensive benefit program that even includes a retirement benefit.
The tasks of a Traffic Signals Technician include:
- The safe operation of construction equipment (from concrete saws to cranes) installation of conduits, poles, mast arms, signal heads, cabinets, concrete forms, inductive loops
- Performing and setting up lane closures
Past experience and skills can include:
- A current IMSA certification or ability to receive Professional familiarity with Utah DOT traffic signal specifications with IMSA certification is highly desired.
- Professional experience installing and maintaining traffic signal controllers, poles, detectors, and other hardware.
- Skill operating and maintaining light/medium/heavy duty trucks and construction equipment like mini-excavators and skid steers.
- Previous experience operating and working with bucket trucks on signal poles
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude and a willingness to learn new skills.
- Willingness to perform, as part of crew, assigned labor and tasks to deliver a successful IMSA signals project that meets
- A commitment to safety, ability to successfully pass drug tests, and willingness to get the job done
- An ability to perform all duties in compliance with appropriate standards to reduce risk to fellow employees and minimize damage to company property
- Ability to complete paperwork and maintain records. Current Maintenance of Way (MOT)
- Immediate certification and/or an active Class A CDL Drivers License is a plus
- Must have a current, valid drivers license
- Ability to learn highway maintenance/construction practices and procedures, including interpreting and applying work zone safety and traffic controls as demonstrated through achievement of Intermediate Work Zone certification
- Flexibility to be assigned work at various sites and locations, including travel with occasional overnight stays.
- Work requires alert individuals with good balance and physical strength
- Must be able to work approximately 40 plus hours per week
- Must be able to frequently lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 pound of material
- Able to frequently walk, bend, kneel, reach and climb
Cache Valley Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer by both policy and practice. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status. It is the intent of Cache Valley Electric employment and personnel practices to conform to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination. CVE is one of the nation’s premier specialty contractors with a century-long tradition of excellence and endless capabilities—from electrical and teledata to networking, security, and wireless communications. We’re on the forefront of technology, but also a family-owned company that recognizes the value of each individual employee.
Please apply online below or in person at CVE at 1338 S. Gustin Rd. Salt Lake City, UT.